An authentic flavor you will enjoy!
This is a recipe that requires patience, it takes time to make, but the good news is that it’s really easy to prepare and you can find all the ingredients for this recipe in your kitchen.
You will love this traditional Mexican drink with your favorites meals.
Follow these steps to prepare it!
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 1/3 cup sugar (adjust depending on how sweet you want)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tb of vanilla
- 1 can (12oz) Evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 liter of water
1. Start by soaking the rice, cinnamon, and almonds in a bowl of water all night, or at least for 5 hours so that the rice softens slightly.
2. Strain the water from the cinnamon, rice, and almond mixture, disposing of the water.
3. Blend the cinnamon, rice, and almond mixture with evaporated milk until a smooth mix is formed and the grains of rice are completely ground.
4. Strain the resulting liquid into a pitcher, and add the sugar, vanilla, and milk. Mix well until everything is well combined. Add a liter of water, and serve with ice.